This individual will assist with paint production and filling processes by performing the various duties, including:
- Prepare filling station for pouring specific product.
- Insures that fill levels are correct by weight and product is being filled in the correct buckets or cans.
- Cleans machinery and tanks with water or solvent (depending on the product).
- Limits quantity of water and solvent used to clean up.
- Apply labels to assortment of packaging containers.
- Loads or unloads cans from conveyor filling line.
- Palletizing canned product by stacking.
- Transports raw materials and finished products to work or storage areas via forklift. (QUALIFIED AND TRAINED PERSONNEL ONLY)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- The physical demands of this position require the ability to lift and move from 10-75 pounds.
Hours Monday-Friday 7:00-3:30. 2x 15-minute breaks, 1x 30-minute lunch. $15 an hour.
Potential over time available on Saturday’s.
Support the sales efforts at client company owned store engaged in selling paint, sundries, equipment, and related lines of merchandise by performing the following duties:
- Assists with sales of paint and decorating products to retail and wholesale customers
- Assist customers with color selection, tint and mix paint, and work with a color matching computer. Must be able to distinguish the difference between colors.
- Assist customers by determining their needs and presenting appropriate products and services
- Must interact with customers in a friendly a helpful way, both in person and over the phone
- Assist in loading and unloading trucks and stocking of paint deliveries.
- Restock shelves of paint and sundry supplies.
- Assists in ordering all stock as needed.
- Complies with established security, sales, record keeping procedures and practices, and the company dress code.
- Answer customer complaints and inquires.
- Take a proactive role in increasing the sales and traffic flow of the store.
- Locks and secures store and equipment as assigned.
- Drives van or truck to deliver such items as paint and paint-related products to customer’s place of business.
- Maintains interior/exterior of Company vehicles as well as the maintenance & mileage logs.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- This job requires heavy lifting and constant bending: Repetitive lifting up-to 50 pounds and occasionally 70 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time temp to perm, hourly position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (Work hours/days can vary). $15 an hour.
Education and/or Experience
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
2. One to three months related experience and/or training