Production Specialist Lead
Location: Melbourne, FL
Rate: $20.00 / hour
Length: Direct Hire Position
Shift: 2nd Shift (3:00PM – 1:30AM)
Our client is locally owned and operated and is looking to add an experienced Product Planner to add to its staff. They are manufactures of communication devices and handheld radios distributed worldwide. With a commitment to quality and continuous improvement, they are searching for the next “diamond” to add to their already extraordinary team.
The Production Specialist Lead is responsible for the assembly of RF communication equipment (Portable/Mobile radios and accessories). This role is key for facilitating production activities to ensure work is completed in a timely, efficient, and quality manner in accordance with BK Technologies policies, procedures, and Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees daily production; schedules and balances daily workload among team members.
- Assists in evaluating daily performance.
- Initiates & completes applicable transactions within the Epicor MRP business system.
- Measure, report and improve on-time daily production metrics
- Daily verification of inventory
- Leads daily activities and performs weekly audits
- Facilitates and promotes improvement programs for efficiency and quality.
Knowledge & Skills: ·
- Demonstrated experience in managing a team
- Experience in assembling, inspecting, and/or testing electro-mechanical assemblies, RF equipment, PCBA’s, and wiring harnesses.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to use a Business system (ERP)
- Training for IP-610, IPC-620, IPC7711 Electronics Assembly and rework standards, IPC-A-600 Acceptability of Printed Circuit Boards, as well as other applicable standards relevant to Electronic assembly, fabrication, and quality is a plus.
- Ability to read/interpret wiring diagrams, schematics, and assembly drawings.
- Experience working in an ISO9001 regulated environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills.
- Lean manufacturing principles (5S, 5-why, Kaizen, Just-in-time, problem solving, root cause analysis, etc.).
- Proper working knowledge of ESD (Electrostatic Discharge)
- Successful completion of ESD Training.
- Good math skills.
- Reliable transportation and able to work overtime as required to support Manufacturing Operations.
- HS Diploma
- 4 years leadership experience (leading a team)
- Lift / Carry 50lbs
- Ability to operate PC and other maintenance equipment
- Travel between floors may be required, this involves use of stairs
- Frequently exposed to conditions such as fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, noise, vibration, oils, solvents, and chemicals
- Occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme outside weather conditions
We are a No Fee staffing agency. Southeast Staffing is a Drug-Free Workplace / EEOC. Public transportation not accessible to this location, must have own vehicle.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Melbourne, FL 32901: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Supervising: 4 years (Preferred)
- IPC 610: 4 years (Preferred)
- ISO 9001: 4 years (Preferred)
- Assembly: 2 years (Preferred)
- Electronics Assembly: 2 years (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Required)
Work Location: One location