Purchase materials, supplies, and services at the most favorable terms for the organization. Qualifies vendors, evaluates bids, and negotiates prices and terms for purchased goods and services. Tracks purchases, monitors vendor quality, and maintains a current database of vendor information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Position will focus on supplier partners for new and existing projects primarily focused on mechanical parts including injection molding, castings, machined parts, sheet metal, fusion welding, tooling and fixtures.
- Requires use of MRP and Purchase Suggestions, leading to identifying approved manufacturers, submitting RFQ and generating a purchase order
- Communicate and follow-up with suppliers to assure purchasing requirements are met
- Interface with other engineering, quality, operations, and other departments in support of procurement and qualification processes
- Weekly review of delinquent supplier deliveries and necessary expediting to assure limited impact to production.
- Update of supplier documentation as required.
- Negotiate pricing and contracts to develop an optimal supplier base
- Ability to interpret mechanical drawings and material specifications
- Ability to interface with all internal departments to solve issues and enhance productivity
- Other purchasing clerical responsibilities and performance duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Proficient with and ERP Purchasing Module, Epicor preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills
- Very detail-oriented, accurate and organized
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Good analytical skills
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related to the field.
- 5 to 7 years’ experience as a buyer in a purchasing department related to manufacturing