Our manufacturing client in Titusville is seeking a CNC Lathe Operator/Machinist to start ASAP. The schedule is Monday through Thursday from 6:30 AM to 4:00 PM and Friday from 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM.
• Experience with 2 Axis, Multi Spindle, Live Tooling Lathes Preferred (Mazatrol, Mazak Controllers Preferred but not necessary).
• Ability to make adjustments to tooling, manually edit programs, as necessary.
• Works from specific instructions as set out in the Manufacturing Plan, or as needed, diagrams, sketch or verbal direction from Engineering or Production Manager.
• Determines and corrects machine malfunctions and performs routine machine maintenance.
• Monitor Tooling wear, Identify and replace as needed.
• Uses micrometers, indicators, calipers and other precision measuring tools to ensure in-process product matches specified tolerance.
• Production and Prototyping opportunities.
• Proficient at working out problems, utilizing advanced shop math.
• Has the ability and motivation to recognize opportunities for enhanced production and quality, such as operating multiple machines when feasible, assisting and training other employees, minimizing setup time and other non-productive periods, proposing process improvements, etc.
• Experience cutting Inconel, Stainless, & A286 a plus.
Key Competency Requirements:
• Hold tolerance to +/- .001″ or greater
• Proficiency with all inspection tools, including optical comparator
• Proficient in shop math skills, including trigonometry
• Can read and interpret all blueprints and drawings, including Geometric Tolerance and Dimensioning