Location: Melbourne, FL
Rate: $13.00 Hourly
Shift: Mon – Fri day shift with flexibility
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Compounder is responsible for manufacturing product batches according to formula procedures and operating processing equipment.
- Wash, sanitize, and set up all necessary equipment used in the manufacture of batches.
- Produce liquids by combining and mixing the ingredients per formula and written procedures.
- Properly operate processing equipment (i.e., pumps, tanks, mixers, etc.)
- Draw a sample of product from tank into a plastic pitcher.
- Take sample to lab to be tested.
- Follow directions from lab to make any required adjustments to batch
- When lab deems batch complete, drum product into containers according to yield ticket in batch record; use calibrated scale to accurately weigh each container.
- Initial batch sheets to verify that the formulas/procedures were followed when compounding each product.
- Identify incorrectly prepared batches and inform Compounding Supervisor immediately.
- Ensure proper reporting and required signatures on batch records
- Prepare container labels using correct template on Word program
- Safely operate forklift and reach truck to move pallets, headpacks, and drums around the department.
- Keep manufacturing/compounding area clean at all times in preparation for planned and unplanned tours and inspections.
- Clean manufacturing equipment, floors, walls, ceiling, etc per maintenance schedule. Fill in and sign cleaning logs when work performed
- Understand the full process of the Manufacturing/Compounding Department.
- Perform periodic inventory cycle counts. Track and resolve any discrepancies. Submit paperwork to Operations Director for review.
- Maintain boiler: adding chemicals per log. Visually inspect to verify system is operating properly. Immediately report any discrepancies to Operations Director.
- Unload trucks as required (drums, pallets, raw gel, etc.) using proper equipment and safety procedures
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work.
- All other duties as assigned.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- May assist with the training of new Compounders.
- Paint manufacturing/compounding areas as required recording work on maintenance log as performed
- Minor repairs to the facilities and equipment such as changing air conditioning filters and cleaning all piping including insulated piping.
- Work in other areas of the Operations department and Company as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Knowledge of safe forklift operation or able to be trained to drive a forklift safely.
- Ability to read and write English to read and follow formulas, procedures and equipment instructions.
- Good math skills to problem solve compounding formulas
- Good computer skills to be able to use Word program
- Accurate and legible recordkeeping skills.
- Good mechanical ability and knowledge.
- Excellent verbal communication skills for interacting with co-workers and managers.
- Good interpersonal skills and excellent cooperation with co-workers and managers
- Ability to timely and accurately complete work
- Problem solving skills to identify and fix incorrectly formulated batches.
- Manage multiple tasks at one time.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Stand/remain upright for periods of up to 4 hours at a time.
- Bend, squat, kneel, balance, turn, and stoop.
- Reach forward and overhead.
- Good eye/hand coordination.
- Safely fit into forklift and reach truck.
- Able to climb ladders.
- Ability to use controls to operate and drive forklift.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High school education or GED equivalent.
- One year of work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- One year of work experience in compounding preferred.
We are a No Fee staffing agency. Southeast Staffing is a Drug-Free Workplace / EEOC. All applicants are subject to a background check. Public transportation not accessible to this location, must have access to vehicle/vehicle.