Support the sales efforts of client company by engaging in selling paint, sundries, equipment and related lines of merchandise by performing the following duties:
Essential duties and responsibilities: Include, but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
• Assists with sales of paint and decorating products to retail and wholesale customers
• Assist customers with color selection, tint and mix paint, and work with a color matching computer. Must be able to distinguish the difference between colors.
• Assist customers by determining their needs and presenting appropriate products and services
• Must interact with customers in a friendly a helpful way, both in person and over the phone
• Assist in loading and unloading trucks and stocking of paint deliveries.
• Restock shelves of paint and sundry supplies.
• Assists in ordering all stock as needed.
• Complies with established security, sales, record keeping procedures and practices, and the company dress code.
• Answer customer complaints and inquires.
• Take a proactive role in increasing the sales and traffic flow of the store.
• Locks and secures store and equipment as assigned.
• Drives van or truck to deliver such items as paint and paint-related products to customer’s place of business.
• Maintains interior/exterior of Company vehicles as well as the maintenance & mileage logs. Repetitive lifting of weights of 50 lbs. And occasional lifting of weights of over 70 lbs. is required by employee.
All other duties as assigned by Store Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Customer Service– Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Professionalism– Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Safety and Security– Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This job requires heavy lifting and constant bending: Repetitive lifting up to 50 pounds and occasionally 70 pounds.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 65+ pounds regularly. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time, hourly position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (Work hours/days can vary from time to time due to vacation schedules, overtime and other variables within the department that could require a temporary schedule adjustment.) $13.50 an hour.
Education and/or Experience 1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) 2. One to three months related experience and/or training 3. Equivalent combination of education and experience.