This long-established material handling equipment manufacturer and service provider is seeking an Electro-Mechanical Field Service Specialist & Service personnel with strong electrical, mechanical, controls & repair skills and experience to commission and service a range of products used for vertical material lifting.
We have an opportunity for a career oriented and technically skilled individual with a solid hands-on background in the Industrial Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance fields. While prior vertical material lifting equipment repair experience is not a requirement, acquired experience in the installation, service, inspection, repair and maintenance of vertical material lifting equipment is valued and would beneficial.
This work may involve working at Customers’ various job sites around the U.S. and possibly outside the country, troubleshooting, repairing and inspecting vertical material lifts. This position requires an individual who is responsible, self-initiative, creative, a clear communicator, friendly by nature and able to positively represent one of the most successful organizations in the industry.
– Traveling to customer sites, with some overnight travel, performing installation, troubleshooting and/or repair of equipment.
– Providing hands-on technical assistance and customer support
– Daily reporting to manager to update status and issues.
– Provide technical support to customers over the phone
– A.A.S. Technology degree or equivalent experience
– This company values veterans. Especially interested in honorably discharged vets who attained the rank of E-5 through E-7 and held ratings of:
o Construction Mechanic, or equivalent;
o Construction Electrician, or equivalent;
o Electricians Mate, or equivalent;
o Gas turbine System Electrical and Mechanical, or equivalent.
– Electrical/Mechanical troubleshooting and repair experience
– Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical prints and related technical documentation
– Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
– Operate various equipment to include forklifts, drills, saws, portable welders, torches, etc.
– Self-Motivated, Responsible, Diagnostic Skills,
– PC and MS Office
– Organizational Proficiency
– Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds
– Ability to travel by air and/or auto for at least 5 hrs. at a time
– No fear of heights
– Repair work may be performed in various industrial environments that vary from site to site
– Must be able to stand, climb, stoop, crawl and bend for extended periods of time
– Ability to operate hand tools and assemble equipment and machinery
Note: Currently, travel requirements may be as much as 50% – 60%. That should drop in the future.