Our manufacturing client in Titusville is seeking an experienced Production Expediter to start immediately. The schedule is Monday through Thursday from 6:30 AM to 4:00 PM and Friday from 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM.
The Production Expediter will ensure production schedules, deadlines, and quotas are met by overseeing the flow of materials, components, tooling, and paperwork among departments, and by taking action to solve problems and fulfill rush orders.
• Reviews product orders and contracts to fully understand deadlines and production quotas.
• Collaborates with clients, suppliers, and delivery firms to discuss timelines and answer inquiries.
• Drafts, revises, and distributes production schedules.
• Communicates with departments to ensure that materials, components, tools, and paperwork are supplied efficiently.
• Identifies problems in workflows, determines required solutions and improvements, and implements necessary modifications in affected departments and teams.
• Identifies and recommends improvements to increase production; options may include hiring staff, increasing overtime, or obtaining new machinery.
• Identifies the cause of product defects; implements plans to resolve problems.
• Communicates with departments and customers when shipping delays occur.
• Collects and analyzes data regarding efficiency and timeliness of production.
• Maintains or assists with maintenance of inventories; orders supplies.
• Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state, and internal safety regulations and policies.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.