Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Educate and communicate company personnel policies and procedures to newly hired and current employees.
- Responsible for onboarding newly hired employees to include: employee handbook overview, employment documents, and benefit enrollment.
- Create and maintain complete and confidential files on each employee. Process, verify and maintain documentation relating to personnel activities such as staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations and classifications.
- Assist with company benefit administration to include enrollment forms, plan questions, claims resolution, and open enrollment.
- Establish and maintain department records and reports; recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency and services performed.
- Respond to applicant inquires in-person, over the phone and via email.
- Process and review employment applications to evaluate qualifications and eligibility of applicants.
- Assist in managing workers’ compensation injury claims. File reports with insurance provider, maintain accident information and monitor progress.
- Respond to various information requests from governmental agencies, such as Unemployment, in a timely manner.
- Record and maintain data for each employee, including such information as addresses, weekly earnings, absences, supervisory reports on performance, change of statuses, and dates of and reasons for terminations.
- Answer questions regarding eligibility, salaries, benefits and other pertinent information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred
- Previous Human Resources or Office Management experience preferred
- Ability to work independently with little supervision required.
- Ability to remain calm while working under pressure in a busy environment.
- Ability to work within timeframe of standard policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality related to sensitive company and employee information.
- Thorough knowledge of HR principles and federal/local regulations
- Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy, fast-growth environment
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Power Point is essential
- Exhibit extraordinary discretion, confidentiality, flexibility, and willingness to work closely with our team
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, this role is mostly sedentary, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
$18+ an hour to start, negotiable on experience.