The Field Service Technician acts as the representative for our client’s Field Service Activities offsite. The Field Service Technician must be able to work independently, with quality, in direct contact with the customer. The Field Service Technician must be able to accurately analyze and test communications products, i.e. Base Station Radio Installation, Repeater installations, or other equipment as required on-site. The Field Service Technicians must be able to generate reports detailing activities and results of the field testing. The Field Service Technician must be able to communicate clearly and professionally with the customer; coordinate current status and changes; and submit status reports throughout the time spent in the field.
While working within the client’s local facility, Field Service Technicians must be prepared to assist with the testing of product on the line, interfacing with the customer over the phone, to include opening trouble tickets and assisting with solutions over the phone. Quality testing of client’s products that have been repaired. Assisting customer service workers such as technicians, testers and repair.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Travel to customer locations, occasionally on short notice, to troubleshoot and repair communication systems. Travel conducted in accordance with client company travel policies. Travel duration may include some weekend and holiday work.
- Resolve customer complaints or answer customer’s questions, either through direct action or coordinating with your Management regarding the issues and possible solutions.
- Inspect materials, products or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Be proficient with Spectrum Analyzers, RF System Analyzers, and other electronics test equipment.
- Test, Install and Inspect radio equipment (mobile radios, repeaters, base stations) in a field location either independently or as a part of an installation team.
- Support the Customer Service repair efforts as required when not on travel.
- Perform all duties as assigned by Supervisor
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong Excel, Access, MS Word, Power Point, Epicor
- Knowledge of test equipment and tools such as spectrum analyzers, RF analyzers, circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Very detail-oriented, accurate and organized
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to lead a team in the field providing quality customer service.
- Confidentiality and time management
- 3 years’ experience in technical field support electronic manufacturing environment or related field
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Extensive Travel Required. Some travel over weekends and holidays.
- Work typically takes place in a normal office environment requiring: sitting, walking, lifting, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, talking, hearing, and seeing
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Operate a PC and other office equipment
- Travel between floors and office buildings may be required
- Environmental conditions: noise, vibration, oils, solvents, chemicals