Technical Sales Support / Drafter
(similar titles: CAD Drafter)
- 5+ years of experience in CAD design / drafting with a focus on capital equipment or integrated equipment solutions in one or more of the following verticals: Distribution, Material Handling, Warehouse, Logistics, Manufacturing, Construction, or similar industry.
- B2B experience required.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Must have SolidWorks and ACAD experience (at least version 2015 or newer)
The successful candidate should possess a degree in drafting or mechanical design (or equivalent training/experience combination), with a minimum of 5 years’ experience. Must be able to adapt and adjust to accommodate fast-paced tasks, input and projects.
Recompense negotiable depending on individual’s training, experience and skill sets.
We’re looking for a results-driven technical sales support professional able provide drafting, technical, mechanical, and conceptual advice to the sales team. Utilize experience to help improve sales performance by way of technical knowledge and equipment understandings.
Who’s the right type for the job?
An ambitious person who is driven to go above and beyond for others. You will work to help our customers deliver better solutions to their customers, providing exceptional customer service, and help build the future of material handling products.
What makes a successful team member?
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with professional etiquette
- Unparalleled customer service levels – someone who truly goes above and beyond to build positive relationships and results
- Team player – an individual with the drive and desire to work with others and help them succeed
- Visionary thinking – possibilities are only limited by one’s thoughts and mind
- Fast learner of new topics – someone who enjoys learning and prides themselves on expanding their own knowledge
- Self-Driven & Highly motivated
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in office software (i.e. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc)
- Strong record of success
Responsibilities & Job Duties:
- Generate accurate technical drawings for each sales order. Compute mathematical formulas to find correct dimensions and other calculations.
- Collaborate with Sales on technical drawing reviews with customer, installer and/or general contractor.
- Generate 3D SolidWorks models to accompany formal proposals as needed.
- Developing customer approval drawings for standard and custom product orders;
- Developing conceptual product drawings for custom product orders;
- Developing layout and conceptual drawings and 3D model for proposals to be used during the sales quoting process;
- Interact with customers to acquire any additional details needed to complete customer approval or conceptual drawings;
- Provide technical knowledge support to Sales regarding new opportunities for quotes
- Develop 3D or 2D renderings for marketing and sales literature
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Technical Sales Support Skills and Qualifications:
- Integrity: Commitment to company values and ethics.
- Initiative: Must possess high tolerance and acceptance of ambiguity and organizational flexibility and maintain a positive attitude – a self-starter able to take initiative without the support of a large staff. Must be able to carry out tasks without detailed instructions, prepare for problems or opportunities in advance and undertake additional responsibilities.
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal sales skills possessing presence and competence which is transmitted to key people within a short period of time. Excellent oral and written communication skills with experience & demeanor to make effective professional presentations.
- Time Management: ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and effectively deal with time-sensitive deadlines and pressure.
- Software: SolidWorks 2015 or newer, ACAD version 2015 or newer, MS Office (Word, Excel).
Compensation (Internal Use):
Hourly: $21-$26/hour based on education, experience, and training.