This is a 90 day (plus or minus) temp to possible hire situation being recruited by a Staffing Agency. Hours are M-F, 08:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Overtime is possible at times. When offered the opportunity to join the client company, benefits will be available after a short waiting period. Experience in a hand-held radio manufacturing environment would be a plus.
The Utility Operator III performs full assembly and testing of electromechanical product, using both electronics assembly and mechanical assembly skills in order to run all stages of a process line, including operating of machinery and manual assembly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Performs all processes in an electronics production cell that includes manual assembly and operating automated equipment.
· Assemble parts or units, position, align and fasten units to subassemblies or fixtures
· Inspect work for defects and perform quality checks
· Accurately read and follow work instructions
· Work with PC to perform tests and make inventory transactions
· Run automated tests on electronic subassemblies and units
· Responsible for meeting production goals and running the production cell efficiently.
· Treats safety as a priority and adheres to all health and safety protocols.
· Communicates defects, issues and concerns with management; seeks guidance/ instruction as needed; assists in Root-Cause analysis.
· Performs assigned jobs efficiently, with minimal errors and high-quality workmanship.
· Perform duties with little or no supervision; other duties as assigned to support Operational needs.
Knowledge & Skills:
· Experience working in Electronics or Electro-mechanical fabrication, assembly, and /or test environment
· Working knowledge of IPC-A-600, IPC-A-610, J-STD-001. Soldering certification preferred
· Experience with resistance welding preferred
· Able to load/unload parts onto automated equipment and fixturing
· Experience working with adhesives
· Able to perform quality tests using automated equipment
· Able to perform manual measurements for quality
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills
· Experience working in an ISO9001 regulated environment
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Able to work independently and as part of a team
· Must be able to perform accurate, repetitive, and steady work with minimal errors
· Able to work overtime as required to support Manufacturing Operations
· Education: High School Diploma or equivalent (Trade school or Vocational training preferred)
· Experience: Previous Assembler experience of 5 or more years
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
· Work typically takes place in a normal factory and office environment requiring: walking, standing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, hearing, and
· Lifting – occasionally lift or move items over 50 pounds
· Vision – specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
· Handling – test equipment, large/small tools, fixtures, parts, keyboard manipulation
· Walking/standing for long periods of time
· Able to use standard tools
· Talking – communicate trouble shooting problems
· Operate a PC and other maintenance equipment
· Travel between floors and office buildings may be required
· Frequently exposed to conditions such as fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, noise, vibration, oils, solvents, and chemicals
· Occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme outside weather conditions
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Assembly Experience: 5 years (Required)
- IPCA600, IPCA610 and JSTD001: 1 year (Required)
- ISO9001: 1 year (Preferred)