Position is located in Titusville, FL.
Operate CNC (computer numerical controlled) machinery to manufacture metallic and non-metallic parts. Have proficient G and M code knowledge,
And have experience in CAD/CAM software. Part processing, Fixture design and work holding knowledge. Possess strong leadership skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following, however, other duties may apply.)
• Performs all tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
• Reads and interprets blueprints and has proficient knowledge of GD&T
• Properly and safely loads and unloads raw materials
• Proficient in use of measuring instruments and part layout
• Uses gages and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements
• Ability to power on and operate CNC lathes and mills with minimal assistance. Must be self-sufficient.
• Must be familiar with MAZAK controls, Haas controls and Fanuc controls.
• Must demonstrate a proficient understanding of cutting tools
• Properly uses inserts, fixtures and tooling
• Understands and has the ability to perform complex tool wear offsets and work shifts.
• Performs daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on CNC machinery
• Assists in the organization and maintenance of the machine shop work environment
• Provides constant feedback and input into process improvement within the department
• Proficient understanding and ability to follow manufacturing processes and procedures
• Utilizes and abides by ISO requirements and safety procedures
• Complies with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions
• Communicates thoughts and ideas, both verbally and in writing, to co-workers and management
• Attends scheduled meetings and actively participates by providing meaningful input
• Is flexible with time and schedule to assure availability to customer or company as circumstances warrant
• Communicates honestly, professionally and respectfully with others and
demonstrates effective listening skills
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Ability to understand basic mechanical and manufacturing techniques.
• One year preferred experience and /or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• High school diploma or GED required
Effectively communicate and understand job instructions both verbally and written in the English language. Ability to effectively interpret and translate instructions to other employees in a professional and respectful manner.
Ability to perform basic mathematical computations. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to move or transfer products with an overhead crane. Ability to lift 50 lbs. when required. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.