The position performs a variety of accounting and bookkeeping duties according to established policies and procedures. The position requires excellent communication skills. Attention to detail and mathematical accuracy is an integral component of this job as is the ability to resolve outstanding issues. Additional responsibilities include daily invoicing, bank deposits, transaction processing, account monitoring and review.
Dealer and/or Retail Division:
1. Processes and records daily invoicing for Dealer Division to balance to A/R Control
2. Audits, records and balances daily sales/cash receipts to various reports for Retail Division
3. Processes EDI file transfer guarantying accuracy of record prior to transfer
4. Researches and processes credits to customer’s accounts
5. Responds to and resolves customer issues pertaining to invoices/account
6. Processes and records co-op advertising credits ensuring adherence to Richard’s policy
7. Account monitoring and review
8. Processes and posts credit card payments and credits
9. Prepares daily manual deposits and records to customer accounts
10. Prepares and balances monthly checkbook
11. Assists customer service department during busy times and when short handed.
12. Assists with related special projects, as required
13. Compiles statistics and prepares various reports for management
14. Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency
15. In addition, the accounts receivable/customer service representative will process month end statements for both the Dealer and Retail divisions. This process will include compiling statistics and preparing various month end reports for management.
2. Problem Solving/Analysis.
3. Organizational Skills
4. Communication Proficiency.
5. Customer/Client Focus.
6. Performance Management.
7. Accounting Accuracy
8. Sound Judgment
10. Safety and Security
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files,
open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is
frequently required to sit, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, non-exempt position, and typical work hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m.
to 4:30 p.m. Overtime is not anticipated and must be approved by immediate supervisor. The employee
is allowed a full hour lunch from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m., occasional flexibility can be arranged through
supervisor. $16.50 per hour.
Skills and Qualifications
High school diploma or GED equivalent, college degree preferred
Ability to work autonomously
Ability to focus and perform efficiently in a fast-paced environment
Ability to plan in advance, anticipate upcoming projects and spot potential issues
Excellent communications skills
Ability to manage large amounts of data
Familiarity with basic bookkeeping procedures
Considerable accounts receivable posting experience
Ability to learn quickly and be resourceful
10-key adding machine efficient
O365; Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Word. Able to type at least 45+ words per minute
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.