This is a direct hire position for a client located in Vero Beach, FL.
Will be responsible for working with operations managers and supervisors to understand manufacturing processes, identify opportunities for improvement, utilize cost accounting skills to set baseline goals and lead improvement processes. Assist cost accounting department in all facets and to mentor co-workers. Expect candidate to spend majority of time interfacing with manufacturing people with little supervision with the goal of identifying opportunities that lead to productivity improvements and cost savings.
Essential Job Functions:
- Act as primary point of accounting knowledge for operations, guiding decision making and helping towards continuous improvement.
- Utilize ERP system and Microsoft Office applications to analyze data and answer questions related to operations.
- Develop new metrics to aid operations in further improvements.
- Provide managerial accounting expertise to Chief Operating Officer and direct reports in manufacturing.
- Work with engineering, production control, purchasing and other departments as needed to implement changes.
- Interface with IT as needed for developing metrics and improving ERP systems.
- Backfill Cost Accounting Manager as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Must have intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Must have experience utilizing ERP systems.
- Bachelor degree in accounting from an institution with USDE accreditation.
- Candidate with MBA degree from USDE accredited institution or CMA certification is preferred.
- Must have three to five years of relevant accounting experience, some of which involved cost accounting at a manufacturing facility.